One year and counting...

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Sunday, May 3, 2009

May 1st Ultrasound


Here are the long awaited ultrasound pictures from this week. The baby was being a stinker and not wanting to unveil its face for quite a while. The hands AND feet were up in front of its face for the longest time. Part of the positing is due to the breech position the baby was in with its head up into my rib cage and bottom on my bladder.

Finally the baby moved and we could see the face. The tech started snapping away with the 4D ultrasound tuned in, so we have many pictures of the face. Here is a sampling of the cutest shots:


Here are the stats on the baby: weight was 1 pound 9 ounces. I can't believe the baby has grown one whole pound in a month! The growth is right on target! We don't have a length, but babies at this age are about 12 inches long. All of the baby's anatomy looks perfect.

We will not be having another ultrasound for two to three months. That one will be for a growth check to estimate the weight at full term. I am very glad I don't need another ultrasound until then because this one killed my back and my hips! I can't wait for my chiropractic appointment on Friday! I also have a midwife appointment on Tuesday.

No comments: