One year and counting...

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

12 Week Update

I'm now 12 weeks pregnant today, and I'm really starting to feel pregnant. It is such a blissful feeling.

I had my OB appointment today with one of the midwives at the group, Mary Beth. She is new to the practice, but I really like her personality and I enjoy working with her so far. Everything went very well. All of my lab work from 2 weeks ago was normal. The best part was listening to the heartbeat with the Doppler... what a sweet sound! It was fast, like 170 beats per minute, and Mary Beth said, "There she is!" I'm not convinced its a girl just yet, but only time will tell. And yes, we will all have to wait until August to find out!

I also got the results of my blood work that I had done at my general practice doctor as a follow up for "the illness". My potassium level's back to normal, but my magnesium level is still lower than normal for me, so I have to have it checked again next week. I'm getting to be a better and better patient as far as being stuck with needles is concerned. I still hope this doesn't turn into weekly blood work!

My next appointment is on Thursday for the nucal translucency ultrasound and blood work (just a finger stick, thankfully!).

No comments: