One year and counting...

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Friday, February 6, 2009

12 week Ultrasound Report


On Thursday, we went for our 12 week ultrasound. The purpose of this ultrasound was supposed to be for measuring the nucal translucency for risk of Down's Syndrome, but this little babe was not cooperating for the measurements. We were in the ultrasound room with the tech for over an hour, so needless to say we got to see our little one from many views: sticking out its tongue, sucking on its fingers, waving, kicking, scratching its head, and doing back flips. I had no idea babies were this active at 12 weeks. I think our hands are going to be full between this babe and the Brady-Monster!

So finally after over an hour, the tech was able to get the measurements she needed. The overall growth was right on target. Whoo hoo! From what I could tell, the measurements were all good. I had my blood work drawn after the ultrasound for the first trimester screening. We'll get the results of the nucal translucency scan and blood work next week.

As far as the rest of the ultrasound, all looked good. We could clearly see a face with lips, nose, two ears and two eyes, two arms, two hands, two legs, two feet, bladder, stomach, heart, spinal column, and brain. The placenta looked good as well. I've loaded the pictures so you all can a little bit of what we could see.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

These are such cool pics! Thanks for sharing and I am so happy that everything is right on track!

Tracy (chaismama)